Posts Tagged ‘WebsiteSpark’
The new release of Visual Studio 2010 has plenty of compelling new features and updates that will make every developer more productive.
- Visual Studio 2010 allows users target of the right platform for their application, including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SharePoint. Office, Windows Azure, and Windows Phone 7 applications using their existing skills.
- Visual Studio 2010 is a rich, personalized development environment. We know that software developers spend much of their time in the IDE, and features like the new editor and multi-monitor support make your time in Visual Studio more productive and enjoyable.
- Teams are able to work more efficiently using Application Lifecycle Management tools. We’ve done a great deal of work in Visual Studio 2010 to improve testing and debugging tools. Features like IntelliTrace and easy project management help your team ensure high quality.
Want free access to Visual Studio 2010 Pro, Expression Studio 3, Windows Server and more? Do you create websites for others – either full or part time?
Sign up for the WebsiteSpark Program and use this code: gTI7JHq51b
Trying to find information on our websites is often a frustrating task. I often spend time aggregating information and posting it here. However, multiply this effort by thousands of Microsoft bloggers and it only contributes to the problem.
One of the hardest tasks is trying to find a starting point. If you’re new to the platform where do you go? Then once you arrive at any number of our sites the real grunt work begins. Change happens over time and I’m glad to say that we’ve redesigned the ASP.NET website. T
he four large buttons at the top of the home page make it simple:
Click Getting Started and you find 5 choices
Click Number 2 and you can get access to FREE software via the WebsiteSpark Program. Not the “Free” Express Edition, but the full commercial editions.
Options 1, 3, and 4 are self-descriptive, but Option 5 was a task unto itself before they simplified it here.
Hopefully visiting this site will make the process of learning new platforms or just finding the right resources a whole lot simpler.
Edit 4/13/10 – I’ve received lots of interest about this program. If you would like to get access please use this code at the WebsiteSpark site: gTI7JHq51b
There a lots of great reasons to join WebsiteSpark, but in this difficult economy where preserving capital or your hard earned dollars is critical. The WebsiteSpark program can provide access to the latest tools and technologies in ensuring your success while also providing support, sales leads and other business development opportunities.
The WebsiteSpark Program – Key Highlights:
- Access to the latest version of Visual Studio Pro, Expression Studio/Web, and production licenses of Windows Server, and SQL Server.
- Two support incidents and access to other online support forums
- Inclusion in the WebsiteSpark Partner Catalog
- No Upfront Costs – there is a $100 exit fee after three years
- Designed for small <=10 employee web development/design consultancies, freelancers etc.
If you’re interested in joining please visit the http://www.websitespark.com for more details.
If you’re already a member here a few quick reference links to commonly asked questions.
|Quick Reference Questions||Resource|
|Get started with WebsiteSpark||WebsiteSpark: Get Started|
|Download the free stuff for WebsiteSpark||WebsiteSpark: Where to Download the Free Stuff|
|Build my server||WebsiteSpark: What You Need to Build Your Server (For Dev Server or Self Hosted Server)|
|Find and choose a hoster||WebsiteSpark: Find and Choose a Hoster|
|Increase my PHP applications performance||Windows Cache Extension for PHP|
|Add streaming video to my site||IIS Media Services 2.0|
|Improve my sites’ search engine results||IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit|
|Simplify the process of testing and debugging layout issues across different Web browsers and platforms||Expression Web SuperPreview|
|Experiment with IE8’s new Web Slices on my PHP site||PHP and IE8 Web Slices|
Phoenix, Feb 23 – Cloud Computing and Windows Azure – http://bit.ly/9ZtqtT
Burbank, Feb 25 – Cloud Computing and Windows Azure – http://bit.ly/cMDPnC
San Francisco, Mar 2 – Cloud Computing and Windows Azure – http://bit.ly/d1QjzS