Posts Tagged ‘web design’
The new release of Visual Studio 2010 has plenty of compelling new features and updates that will make every developer more productive.
- Visual Studio 2010 allows users target of the right platform for their application, including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SharePoint. Office, Windows Azure, and Windows Phone 7 applications using their existing skills.
- Visual Studio 2010 is a rich, personalized development environment. We know that software developers spend much of their time in the IDE, and features like the new editor and multi-monitor support make your time in Visual Studio more productive and enjoyable.
- Teams are able to work more efficiently using Application Lifecycle Management tools. We’ve done a great deal of work in Visual Studio 2010 to improve testing and debugging tools. Features like IntelliTrace and easy project management help your team ensure high quality.
Want free access to Visual Studio 2010 Pro, Expression Studio 3, Windows Server and more? Do you create websites for others – either full or part time?
Sign up for the WebsiteSpark Program and use this code: gTI7JHq51b
.toolbox is a free online training program from Microsoft for designers and developers that focuses on the design and UX aspects of Silverlight using Expression Studio, as well as on User Experience best practices.
This program will be helpful for your designers to ramp up in the use of Expression Blend and become Silverlight-ready, as well as for your developers who want to ramp up on design composition and best UX practices. .toolbox will guide them through 100 to 400 level training modules. The curriculum offers approximately 36 hours of training content around Expression Blend and Silverlight and approximately 12 hours UX principles training content making .toolbox a comprehensive learning program. People on your team will be able to study the modules at their own pace and schedule.
.toolbox is a structured curriculum-based program that features two core learning tracks with materials that increase in difficulty to build individuals’ knowledge and understanding.
· In Design Scenarios, designers and developers learn to create dynamically-rich Silverlight applications using Expression Studio. They learn to add code-free functionality to designs by following step-by-step tutorials that illustrate how to create interactive user experiences.
· In Design Principles, designers and developers learn fundamental UX concepts (e.g., choosing the right colors, alignment, grids) along with tips in how to apply them.
Badges are earned and accumulated in both tracks upon successful completion of the evaluation found at the end of each level.
To Get Started
1. Go to .toolbox and sign up using your Windows Live ID
2. Visit the School section and explore the curriculum.
3. Select a module, watch the videos, and follow along using the provided guide and assets.
4. Take the evaluation for a completed level to achieve a badge.
5. Broadcast your achievements by posting to Twitter and Facebook.
· .toolbox Website | http://www.microsoft.com/design/toolbox
· .toolbox Twitter | http://www.twitter.com/designtoolbox
· .toolbox Facebook | http://www.facebook.com/pages/toolbox/349923567926
· .toolbox YouTube | http://www.youtube.com/designtoolbox
· .toolbox Promo Video in YouTube | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5JNwiqpGqI
Edit 4/13/10 – I’ve received lots of interest about this program. If you would like to get access please use this code at the WebsiteSpark site: gTI7JHq51b
There a lots of great reasons to join WebsiteSpark, but in this difficult economy where preserving capital or your hard earned dollars is critical. The WebsiteSpark program can provide access to the latest tools and technologies in ensuring your success while also providing support, sales leads and other business development opportunities.
The WebsiteSpark Program – Key Highlights:
- Access to the latest version of Visual Studio Pro, Expression Studio/Web, and production licenses of Windows Server, and SQL Server.
- Two support incidents and access to other online support forums
- Inclusion in the WebsiteSpark Partner Catalog
- No Upfront Costs – there is a $100 exit fee after three years
- Designed for small <=10 employee web development/design consultancies, freelancers etc.
If you’re interested in joining please visit the http://www.websitespark.com for more details.
If you’re already a member here a few quick reference links to commonly asked questions.
|Quick Reference Questions||Resource|
|Get started with WebsiteSpark||WebsiteSpark: Get Started|
|Download the free stuff for WebsiteSpark||WebsiteSpark: Where to Download the Free Stuff|
|Build my server||WebsiteSpark: What You Need to Build Your Server (For Dev Server or Self Hosted Server)|
|Find and choose a hoster||WebsiteSpark: Find and Choose a Hoster|
|Increase my PHP applications performance||Windows Cache Extension for PHP|
|Add streaming video to my site||IIS Media Services 2.0|
|Improve my sites’ search engine results||IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit|
|Simplify the process of testing and debugging layout issues across different Web browsers and platforms||Expression Web SuperPreview|
|Experiment with IE8’s new Web Slices on my PHP site||PHP and IE8 Web Slices|